Throughout all of our work, we aim to support our beneficiaries and teach skills and techniques to build their overall wellbeing by:
- Improving self esteem and confidence;
- Building resilience;
- Increasing self-awareness and understanding of emotions;
- Improving emotional regulation;
- Increasing social integration and community connections;
- Improving health and physical fitness;
- Increasing physical activity;
- Improving relationships and friendships;
- Developing coping skills and independence.
We regularly seek feedback from our members in Community Impact Evaluation surveys.
Here are some of our latest results:
We use a pre and post evaluation system on an individual basis to measure the impact on each participant’s wellbeing. We receive feedback on impact from:
- Participants (e.g. children themselves)
- Parents and Carers
- Teaching staff
- Group leaders
Bespoke reports are produced for schools, parents and children with our results from our impact measurements.
Our impact has been the improved emotional and physical wellbeing of the children and young people we have worked with to date and our beneficiaries have reported:
- Increased self confidence
- Increased self esteem
- Increased resilience
- Increased physical fitness and general wellbeing
- Being able to implement our taught emotional regulation strategies, in day to day life.
Parents and carers have reported the following positive changes for the children attending our community SENsational courses:
- Growing ability to use techniques such as breathing to regulate emotions
- Building friendships in the SENsational sessions
- Willingness to use relaxation and meditation outside of the SENsational sessions
- The enjoyment of being part of a supportive, non-judgemental and inclusive group
- A place to feel welcome and accepted and learn emotional wellbeing skills in a developmentally appropriate form
Whilst we can show improvements in the above areas for our children and young people, there is a wider impact for the families, parents and guardians of our beneficiaries, that provides them with some respite, and provides techniques and practises that can be used by parents/guardians to support their children to build on the work we do.
Parents and carers have reported that they feel comfortable and welcomed in the SENsational sessions, and value the time to talk with other parents and carers, facilitated by the group leaders.
Take a look at our upcoming events or get in touch if you have any questions or need any more information
Follow us on Facebook