Live Well North East provide wellbeing services for children, young people and adults. We offer an extensive range of services, covering emotional wellbeing and physical wellbeing. Services can be purchased individually, or as a Bespoke package, tailored to the needs of your school.
Live Well North East have many years of experience delivering in schools and nurseries across County Durham. Our senior management team can advise on how to use your budget to pay for our services, as well as which services may meet your needs best.
As a not-for-profit organisation, our services are ethically priced with significant positive impact. Our trade services fund services and activities for children and young people with low socio-economic status to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to engage in wellbeing enhancing activities.
For more details about a service, or to discuss a Bespoke Package, please contact Emma and Debs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits for children and young people:
- Improved wellbeing and resilience
- Ability to understand and manage emotions
- Learning to look after their wellbeing
- Improved physical wellbeing
- Increased confidence, self-image and self-esteem
- Better interpersonal skills and communication skills
- More likely to achieve academic potential
- Improved behaviour, attitudes and relationships
Benefits for your school:
- External support for pupil wellbeing, emotional literacy and personal development
- Resilient students, more able to engage in learning due to improved ability to calm and self regulate, as well as improved attitudes towards learning and self development
- Embedding positive relationships, empathy, acceptance and kindness into school life
- Wide range of support, delivery styles and expertise encompassing physical and mental wellbeing needs
- A whole school, whole family, whole community approach, with scope to work with pupils, staff, families and wider community
Services and sessions are outlined below, generally all emotional wellbeing sessions involve age appropriate elements of:
- time to talk
- how the brain works and emotional responses
- recognising and understanding emotions
- strategies to manage emotions such as breathing techniques, massage, mindfulness
- techniques to increase self esteem and confidence such as positive self talk
- promoting positive relationships and communication
- growth mindset
- ways to stay well and maintain positive emotional and physical wellbeing
Listed services are available for:
- Block bookings for full classes.
- Block bookings for one to one, or small groups.
- One to One sessions tailored to specific issues and needs.
- After school clubs and breakfast clubs.
- Wellbeing/Sport, days/weeks, including assemblies.
- Bespoke Packages.
- PPA cover.
- Pre-Exam courses.
- Full academic year Wellbeing Support including session delivery, one to one sessions, and consultancy.
- Relax Kids – Relax Kids is a unique method of introducing children to relaxation. It can help their concentration skills, their listening skills, their creativity skills, their self-esteem and their mental and physical health. This is completed by using a special system that revolves around elements of social and emotional aspects of learning. Children complete activities including movement, games, breathing, yoga style stretching, self-massage, affirmation and visualisation.
Pupils who are exposed to relaxation have been found to be more positive, productive and focused. Sessions can be tailor made to fit you. They can last for 45 – 60 minutes and can be themed with topics.
- Resilience Bootcamp – Each session includes a warm up and a 15 minute fitness session followed by a cool down and stretch. We then move on to group-based work exploring emotional wellbeing topics and ending with strategies and tools for managing emotions. Evidence shows that using exercise first, ‘breaks the ice’ within the group, gets the body producing endorphins and flushing away cortisol, resulting in the group being more open and engaged in the ’emotional wellbeing’ group work.
- One to One emotional wellbeing sessions for children and young people working on specific areas of need, issues and challenges.
- Relax4SAT’s – For Year 6 pupils approaching their SAT’s. Four week course of sessions (45 mins-1 hour), based around relieving exam stress. Each week has a different ‘topic of focus’. Sessions teach techniques for pupils to use which relieve stress and anxieties, and engage the brain for better attention and recall.
- Just Relax – For adults/staff. Available as single sessions, or block bookings, Just Relax is designed to allow staff to take some time to take care of their own emotional wellbeing. Sessions include ice-breaker talking games/group time to talk; muscle relaxation through stretching and self-massage; breathing techniques; visualisations and relaxations.
- Family Workshops – Bringing families together to engage in physical movement; bonding games and activities; family massage; breathing techniques; relaxation. A wonderful way to engage the whole family, facilitate relationships between the school and families, improve wellbeing for the whole family.
- Boxercise – For Primary and Secondary School aged children and young people. Encouraging children to be active, controlled and confident. Boxercise teaches technique and footwork, and is a highly effective form of cross training. Sessions are fun, accessible, non-contact and non-competitive. They teach young people coordination, balance, working safely with peers and the importance of control and technique whilst providing an excellent fitness workout.
- MiniFit – 20-30 minute interval training workouts designed for children. Engaging, fun and an excellent fitness blast!
- RockBox – RockBox is stress busting, fun, fitness session for the body and mind. This session is suitable for all ages (and loved by all ages!), using drumsticks and non-contact boxing fitness, to rock music, for a great all over body workout. It’s an exercise session with a difference and all of our schools love it!
- Staff Wellbeing
- Staff CPD and consultancy – Supporting student’s emotional resilience and wellbeing.
Prices start from £35 per session. Prices are based on the specific requirements of your school, e.g. number of pupils, length of course, etc. Please email your specific requirements for each service to email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Take a look at our upcoming events or get in touch if you have any questions or need any more information
Follow us on Facebook