We offer an extensive range of services, covering emotional wellbeing and physical wellbeing, for Secondary Schools and Further Education settings.
Services can be purchased individually, or as a Bespoke package, tailored to the needs of your school.
Live Well North East have many years of experience delivering in schools across County Durham.
As a not-for-profit organisation, our services are ethically priced with significant positive impact.
Benefits for children and young people:
• Improved wellbeing and resilience
• Ability to understand and manage emotions
• Learning to look after their wellbeing
• Improved physical wellbeing
• Increased confidence, self-image and self-esteem
• Better interpersonal skills and communication skills
• More likely to achieve academic potential
• Improved behaviour, attitudes and relationships
Benefits for your school:
• External support for pupil wellbeing, emotional literacy and personal development
• Resilient students, more able to engage in learning due to improved ability to calm and self regulate, as well as improved attitudes towards learning and self development
• Embedding positive relationships, empathy, acceptance and kindness into school life
• Wide range of support, delivery styles and expertise encompassing physical and mental wellbeing needs
• A whole school, whole family, whole community approach, with scope to work with pupils, staff, families and wider community
Services And Sessions Are Outlined Below, Generally All Emotional Wellbeing Sessions
Involve Age Appropriate Elements Of:
• Time To Talk
• How The Brain Works And Emotional Responses – Recognising And Understanding Emotions
• Strategies To Manage Emotions Such As Breathing Techniques, Massage, Mindfulness – Techniques To Increase
• Self Esteem And Confidence Such As Positive Self Talk
• Promoting Positive Relationships And Communication – Growth Mindset
• Ways To Stay Well And Maintain Positive Emotional And Physical Wellbeing
Listed Services Are Available For:
• Block Bookings For Full Classes.
• Block Bookings For One To One, Or Small Groups.
• One To One Sessions Tailored To Specific Issues And Needs.
• After School Clubs And Breakfast Clubs.
• Wellbeing/sport, Days/weeks, Including Assemblies.
• Bespoke Packages.
• Pre-exam Courses.
• Full Academic Year Wellbeing Support Including Session Delivery
• One To One Sessions, And Consultancy.
Services can be adapted and developed to fit timetabling. They can be delivered within lesson time, tutor time, after school, lunch and assemblies and specific wellbeing weeks/sports weeks.
- Resilience Bootcamp – Each session includes a warm up and a 15 minute fitness session followed by a cool down and stretch. We then move on to group-based work exploring emotional wellbeing topics and ending with strategies and tools for managing emotions. Evidence shows that using exercise first, ‘breaks the ice’ within the group, gets the body producing endorphins and flushing away cortisol, resulting in the group being more open and engaged in the ’emotional wellbeing’ group work.
- One to One emotional wellbeing sessions for children and young people working on specific areas of need, issues and challenges.
- Unplugged – Sessions are based around enhancing emotional wellbeing through understanding and strategy based practice. Topics can include emotions (anxiety, anger, sadness, etc.), emotional regulation, communication, growth mindset, goal setting, making decisions, positive peer relationships and empathy, ways to stay well, and much more, tailored to the needs of the groups.
- Pre-Exam Courses – Four week course of sessions (40 min-1 hour), based around relieving exam stress. Each week has a different ‘topic of focus’. Sessions teach techniques for pupils to use which relieve stress and anxieties, and engage the brain for better attention and recall.
- Just Relax – Staff Wellbeing. Available as single sessions, or block bookings, Just Relax is designed to allow staff to take some time to take care of their own emotional wellbeing. Sessions include ice-breaker talking games/group time to talk; muscle relaxation through stretching and self-massage; breathing techniques; visualisations and relaxations.
- Parent workshops – Workshops, mentoring and support for parents to support young people’s emotional resilience and wellbeing.
- Boxercise – For Primary and Secondary School aged children and young people. Encouraging children to be active, controlled and confident. Boxercise teaches technique and footwork, and is a highly effective form of cross training. Sessions are fun, accessible, non-contact and non-competitive. They teach young people coordination, balance, working safely with peers and the importance of control and technique whilst providing an excellent fitness workout.
- MiniFit – 20-30 minute interval training workouts designed for children. Engaging, fun and an excellent fitness blast!
- RockBox – RockBox is stress busting, fun, fitness session for the body and mind. This session is suitable for all ages (and loved by all ages!), using drumsticks and non-contact boxing fitness, to rock music, for a great all over body workout. It’s an exercise session with a difference and all of our schools love it!
- Staff CPD and consultancy – Supporting student’s emotional resilience and wellbeing.